1. What's your name?
2. What’s the name of your business and what products/services do you offer?
Leah Prusiner Art – I sell my original paintings as well as prints, greeting cards and bookmarks.
3. Let's get to know you! Tell us 3 facts about yourself
Fact 1: I grew up in San Francisco
Fact 2: I have done 2 full Ironmans
Fact 3: I’m left-handed – which makes me think that has something to do with me being artistic
4. What inspired you to start your own bizz?
After working for several years in 9-5 office jobs, I was starting to feel very stuck and unfulfilled. Then, a couple of years ago, right after Christmas I got laid off, so with my newly found freedom and open schedule, I decided to start pursuing art more seriously and started an Etsy shop. I felt a desire to be creative and to put my talents to good use and to start sharing them with the world more.
5. Where do you find your motivation?
I am motivated by wanting to grow and to spend time doing something that I’m passionate about. It is so rewarding to use my creativity to create something out of nothing and to get paid for it! Also – seeing other artists out there doing their thing and making a business out of it, inspires me and makes me think that it is possible.
6. What do you do to feel more inspired/motivated on the days that can feel a little mundane?
When I’m feeling down or lazy, working out (especially running) always makes me feel happier, more energized and ready to take on the day.
7. What are some daily revenue-generating activities that really move the needle in your bizz?
I’m still learning and discovering what works but I try to be pretty active and consistent on Instagram and to connect with people there.
8. What kind of tasks are better to automate vs manually do each day/week?
Content planning on socials. It is so nice to have social posts planned out in advance so you are not scrambling every day to figure out what to post. I need to take my own advice and do this more often!
9. If you could give advice to another woman starting her own bizz in the same industry/field, what would it be?
Just get started – don’t be afraid to try different things. Put your stuff out there. It is scary but so worth it! Don’t limit yourself by doubting yourself and telling yourself “no” – you are more talented than you realize!