1. What's your name?
2. What’s the name of your business?
My business’s name is Brandakin Social Media. I offer a variety of social media services including social media management, social media audits, strategy solutions, content creation, email list management, copywriting, and more.
3. What type of content do you produce?
I am a digital creator! I have a vlogging channel on YouTube as well as a lifestyle blog! I also post a lot on Instagram that include cool edits! My name on YouTube is just Emily Avdem, my blog is www.emilyavdem.com, and my Instagram is @emily.avdem! Most of my content is super relatable, positive, and more! A lot of it is pretty lifestyle based so we cover a ton of different topics.
4. Let's get to know you! Tell us 3 facts about yourself
Fact 1: I love to read! I am a huge book nerd!
Fact 2: I used to be a huge extrovert and the older I get the more I’m half extrovert half introvert!
Fact 3: I just got a golden retriever pup named Daisy!
5. What inspired you to start your own bizz?
My dad actually! I wasn’t doing it full-time and kind of never thought I could. But, my dad encouraged me too and explained that I had the skills and capability to make it my job!
6. Where do you find your motivation?
I think my motivation comes from the fact that I am super passionate about my job! I love everything that I do and I get excited to do it every day!
7. What do you do to feel more inspired/motivated on the days that can feel a little mundane?
I usually try to inspire myself by looking at creative things like Pinterest, Instagram, and other people’s blogs! It’s a great way to get me motivated and inspired again!
8. What are some daily revenue-generating activities that really move the needle in your bizz?
Most of my business is on a monthly basis which means my daily activities include posting for businesses on social media and planning their content calendars with captions and hashtags. In addition, I do quite a few audit/strategy solution calls to help level up other people’s businesses!
9. What kind of tasks are better to automate vs manually do each day/week?
Batch blogging and planning Instagram posts! It’s so much easier to spend a couple hours one day doing all of those tasks then doing them randomly throughout the week because you might forget to do things!
10. If you could give advice to another woman starting her own bizz in the same industry/field, what would it be?
I always give the same advice – do the groundwork! Hire the lawyer, hire the accountant and get all of that crucial information set up before hitting the ground running! You want to make sure you have those huge parts ready!
11. Share with our community where they can follow you and your bizz (website, socials, etc)
Definitely! Here’s the whole list!!