1. What's your name?
2. What's the name of your channel and what type of content do you produce?
Youtube: Lauren Kaufman
I inspire other creators to be their most authentic and creative selves by creating eye catching photography and sharing tips that they can use!
3. Let's get to know you! Tell us 3 facts about yourself
Fact 1: I live in Santa Cruz
Fact 2: I have been creating since March
Fact 3: I am aspiring to open a business here in Santa Cruz
4. What inspired you to start your own bizz?
I decided to start creating to show people my creative ability. I used to post mediocre photos of me and was frustrated that I didn’t get any engagement. Now I spend hours coming up with concepts, planning shoots, and shooting ideas and have a great engagement rate!
5. Where do you find your motivation?
I find my motivation from looking at other creators and seeing them do lots of content planning and going out and shooting their concepts. It motivates me to get in gear and work hard on my account.
6. What do you do to feel more inspired/motivated on the days that can feel a little mundane?
On days when I feel uninspired and unmotivated, I give myself a break and allow myself to be inspired by when I am using to take a break. If I decide to get outside, I get inspired by the things I see and what I feel. If I give myself a break, I often come back stronger and more motivated.
7. What are some daily revenue-generating activities that really move the needle in your bizz?
As apart of being a content creator, I get to work with brands to earn revenue. I plan photoshoots around certain products (gifted or just because I genuinely like the brand) that play as a portfolio for other brands to see what I can do for them and encourage a future partnership.
8. What kind of tasks are better to automate vs manually do each day/week?
Each week, I schedule my youtube videos to upload for me twice a week. This helps me not to feel rushed when trying to upload.
9. If you could give advice to another woman starting her own bizz in the same industry/field, what would it be?
I would tell another women in this same industry who is just starting out to know that it takes a ton of time. It’s a long process to become satisfied with your content but to enjoy that process of finding out your style and voice.